IT Forensics investigations
A computer forensics mandate may be required in the case of incidents of computer security tampering or illegal, unauthorized violations implicating computer systems and/or a data-processing network.
- Confirm whether or not there was an incident.
- Assist the company in resolving the security issue.
- Promote the collection of vital information.
- Establish controls to process information (organization).
- Protect privacy rights established by the laws and policies of the country.
- Minimize downtimes.
- Allow legal action against intruders.
- Provide exact reports and useful recommendations.
- Minimize the access and handling of your company’s sensitive data by an intruder.
- Protect your company’s reputation and assets.
- Create awareness among the people in charge.
- Prevent future intrusions by continuously improving information policies and personnel knowledge while taking in consideration past incidents.
Examples of computer security incidentsy:
- Theft of corporative secrets.
- Spamming or harassing.
- Unauthorized entry in the systems of the company.
- Hijack (data, data-processing, assets, etc).
- Possession and/or distribution of pornographic material.
- Springboard for attack on another system.
- Any illegal action for which evidence can reside on an information processing system.
For further information, feel free to contact us.